Iran has been known through history for its geopolitical position at the crossroad of civilizations. In modern history, Iran has turned into an island of stability and a regional power in a volatile region rich of energy. As a religious democracy, the Islamic Republic of Iran has a unique ruling structure which is quite difficult for foreign observers to realize its power dynamic. Therefore, as part of Peace Sprit Foundation Summer Institute, Iranian Politics Course provides a unique opportunity for students, researchers and practitioners of politics to meet with academicians and politicians in Iran to learn about political dynamics in the Islamic Republic.
Peace Sprit Foundation is an NGO working to promote peace based on the basic belief that making various nations and cultures know each other and reach a mutual understanding can contribute to sustainable peace and prevent conflicts. This has so far been done through hosting guests and delegations from different countries, holding “Knowing the Nations” sessions to allow Iranians hear the first-hand experience of other countries among many other activities.
Following the 1979 Revolution, Iran established a unique, complicated political system with all its potential ups and downs. So, along with providing an insight into the Iranian political system, this course in collaboration with top Universities in Iran, gives the participants the opportunity to attend Iranian Parliament open session (TBC based on the schedule of the Parliament), visit Ministry of Foreign Affairs building, High Council for Human Rights, news agencies, Ayatollah Khomeini’s house, palaces of former Shah, Grand Bazaar and prominent museums including the Torture Museum.
We can accept limited people in this course but if applicants exceed the limit, we can arrange for a second or third course this year.
– Iranian Constitution: History and Evolution
– Political and Religious Leadership in Iran
– Knowing Islamic Ruling Bodies: Guardian Council and Parliament
– Assembly of Experts and Expediency Council
– Elections in Iran
– Dynamics of Power among Power Branches
– Foreign Policy and Regional Policy of Iran
– Human Rights in Iran
– Political Parties in Iran
– Media in Iran
4-11 July, 2018
– at least 18 years old
– Open to applicants located in Italy
– Current students or graduates of political sciences, international relations, Iranian studies, Middle East studies or similar areas of study.
– Journalists and researchers who are currently working with a media or research organization in similar areas can also participate.
– Good command of English (courses will be held in English)
– Travel expenses must be covered by participants. Although Iran Air has direct flights from Rome to Tehran for €250 on Wednesdays. (Price subject to change. Check prices with ticket providers)
– Normal registration fee: €800 including accommodation, meals and domestic transportation.
– Early bird fee: €700; application must be completed by 15 June, 2018, 23:59 Tehran time.
Interested applicants should submit their request by filling the form HERE.
25 June, 2018